10.06.2011

sweet apple pie

here
So I made baked apples today (told ya that I adore fall food), but am an idiot and forgot to take a pic. So I promise that my apples looked pretty much like that. They aren't exactly the prettiest dessert, so I guess it's no big that I forgot to photograph them.

They were surprisingly simple. Here's what I did:

Take 2 fugi apples (although a lot of the recipes seemed to use something crisper, like Granny Smith), and core them.  I used a knife to cut the shape of the core, then used a teaspoon to shovel all the guts out.  Be sure to leave at least half an inch at the bottom. 

In a bowl, mix about 1/2 cup of oatmeal (I used regular, but I'm sure instant would work too), 1/2 cup of brown sugar, a little hot water, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste. 

Spoon the oatmeal mix into the apples, put a lump of butter on top and bake at 350 degrees for  30 minutes. 

Voila! Perfect fall treat.

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to have to quit reading your blog if you don't stop being both healthy AND domestic...

    i went to gigi's today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed! yay fall food!

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.