10.11.2011

pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting





As you see, I'm still getting rid of that GIANT can of pumpkin puree. I used THIS recipe.

Words of Wisdom if you replicate:
the batter was really thick. I was only making a half batch, but still used almost the full amount of milk. they're really more like muffins than cupcakes.

the frosting was really runny! i suppose I could have added more powdered sugar, but I HATE dealing with the mess, so I didn't.

I also didn't have ginger so I just skipped it. I'm pretty sure you could use any fall-ish spice and they would still taste delish.


HELP!
HOW DO YOU GET THE CLUMPS OUT OF BROWN SUGAR?!?! this is the bane of all my fall food cooking endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. can you try sifting the brown sugar?

    also, i mean, we were friends before, but if you brought me one of these, i would let you be an even better friend. =)

    better than gigi's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that you can put a marshmallow in a bag of clumpy/hard brown sugar and it will soften it right up. Never actually done it myself, but that's what I hear...

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.