10.04.2011

i am the worst environmentalist ever.

Remember this post when I got up on my soap box (soapbox??) about being a good steward of your resources?

That was coming from the girl who didn't tithe last week because I was out of checks and was too lazy to drive to the bank before church to get cash.

So yeah,  I'm a little bit of a hypocrite. Also, I read in the 'winston-salem monthly' that our area (Northwest NC) ranks one of the highest in the nation for "food hardship among households with children", so I've been feeling a little uneasy about the amount of excess I have in my life. 

I have closets/dressers full of clothes, but I rotate between the same two weeks worth.  




So, I'm going to keep track of what I wear for a month and anything that doesn't get worn gets donated, including shoes and (gulp!) scarves. Those of you that know me personally know what a big deal that last statement was.

Being practical though, I'm not going to count dress clothes or my field clothes. 

I need you, friends, to keep me accountable! 

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
Matthew 6:25

1 comment:

leave a message after the beeeep.