3.14.2012

no makeup

unedited except adding border and adjusting brightness a little

so in the random news of j's life, I went without wearing makeup today.  I'm not a huge makeup wearer but don't exactly have flawless skin either, so I usually slap on a little tinted moisturizer and mascara before I leave the house. if I'm feeling fancy/seeing the boyfriend, I'll add a little eyeliner to the mix.  So today I woke up, showered, put on lotion with SPF (80 degrees what what!!) and thought:

"you know what? I don't have time to put all this junk on my face today. I'm a brave woman; I'll just go without it. I am beautiful no matter what they say." 

jk about that last part. that was a Christina Aguilera song.

 I felt a little bit like Robert Pattinson in "How to Be"

 "You're not a nobody. You're a somebody!"

and so I did it, and it was scary and liberating at the same time. sometimes I would catch my reflection and think, 

"who is that?!?"

and I don't really have any deep thoughts/reflections about this except that I wish my own face didn't surprise me and I thought you should know about my day.

the end.

2 comments:

  1. ana: lil j without makeup looks the same as lil j with makeup. you are bootiful chiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post is boyfriend-approved :) and ditto keej ^^

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.