3.25.2012

easy strawberry parfaits




Apparently when I'm bored, I cook.  I almost never get a whole saturday just to relax, but of course I ended up cooking an entire feast just out of boredom.  I guess I'm too type A for lazy Saturdays...

I found this recipe a couple days ago and thought it would be the perfect way to end a meal of pan-fried steak, garlic parmesean green beans, and baked potatoes.



Unlike most of the stuff I like to cook, these are actually healthy!  According to the recipe, they're under 200 calories.

What you need: (makes 3 large or 4 small)
1 lb of strawberries sliced (one normal grocery sized plastic box thingy)
2 -  6 oz cartons of plain greek yogurt
6 tbs of peanut butter
6 tbs of whipped topping (Kool Whip)
 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract



How to:
1. mix peanut butter, greek yogurt, and vanilla in bowl
2. fold in whipped topping
3.  layer strawberries and "mousse" in a bowl          
4. enjoy!


Tips:
if you don't like the sour taste of plain Greek Yogurt, you could use Vanilla or Strawberry. 

throw them in the freezer for an hour to firm everything up

switch up with your favorite fruit: banana & peanut butter anyone?  keep in mind that this will change the calorie count though, if you're tracking that.

1 comment:

  1. Yum oh man those look delicious! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.