3.22.2012

it's the little things...

i had a sudden realization the other day that life has been so good lately.

it's kind of the nature of life & stuff to cycle through good times and bad times, and it's weird that you don't normally realize that you're in the middle of one of those cycles until you're at the very tip top (or zenith, as the GRE practice book taught me) or at the very bottom of the pit. when you're at the top, everything seems so beautiful by association (like when you're looking at the city from an airplane), but when you're at the bottom, it seems like you're never going to come out.  right now i must be on the good cycle (or else I've gotten really good about being appreciative. doubtful.) because everything seems so sweet.  even those little things:

<--- having bible study outside!

making the kids I nanny pizza for dinner twice in one week and only feeling a teensy bit guilty about it.


settling arguments like this:
"when we get to heaven, we're going to replay that moment and then I will say 'i was right.'
... in the most holy way possible, of course." 




 praying with kids:
"jesus thank you for this day and bless this food for the nourishment of our bodies and thank you for my clothes. AAA-men."
(by the way, there was no food in the room)

 and listening to screamo while applying for jobs. it helps relieve some of the frustration, I swear. 


The only negative thing I have to say about this week is that i am AT WAR with the bird that lives in the tree by my driveway. this joker poops on my car EVERY DAY. every SINGLE day, i tell you.  where is his decency?


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.