8.02.2011

recapitulating

Hey schmookiewookiekins,
I know I've been kinda MIA lately. This weekend was busy, busy.  Here's a quick recap:


Moving out of my apartment...
Sketchy apartment office worker: you owe $13.56 for utilities. at least it's not $50.00 like some people

me: good grief, what do they do? shower 4 times a day?

SAOW: they probably use the dryer instead of ironing their clothes

me: oh, my friend does that. it drives me nuts.

SAOW: i do that. *stares*

me: here's your check. bye.


Taking the GRE
I leave an hour early so that I will have plenty of time to get there and get settled without being stressed, so naturally, I get totally lost in north Raleigh, have to call the freaking testing center twice for directions, and the stupid old man at the counter gets an attitude with me because I have entirely too much faith in my GPS and get screwed over by it once again.  That was a ridiculous run-on sentence, but my brain is too dead from taking a 4.5 hour exam, so I'm not gonna fix it. Sorry.

Also, it is probably easier to get a meeting with the President of the United States than to get into the GRE testing room without authorization.  No joke.  I had to show my ID every time I went to the bathroom, take off my watch (because I def store the answers to the GRE on my watch), get scanned with a metal detector, have my picture taken to ensure that it was indeed me (what do they compare the picture to?), and had to write a paragraph (in cursive!) about how jaclyn browning really exists and was indeed present in the room that day.  

Sheesh. If you are ever thinking about cheating or walking into a GRE testing site with a gun (and believe me, I would understand that desire), DON'T.  You should probably try an easier target, like a military base or something.  Good grief.

On a more positive note, I got baptized on yesterday night! I did it as a kid, but I really wanted to get dunked again, now that I really understand what it means.  It was so sweet to share the experience with one of my high-school girls, who was also baptized that night.  A bunch of our friends and family got together at our small group house and did the dunkin' in their pool.  It felt/was exactly what it should be- a celebration and public declaration of our dedication to Christ. 

I would post pictures, but I can't find the cord to my mom's camera and she probably wouldn't be happy if I woke her up to ask...

Maybs next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.