8.05.2011

humble pie

my blog list is out of control.

yesterday I went through and deleted some of the blogs and twitter... twitters... (what is the correct plural of twitter?) and the list is still long. 

anyway

I was catching up on my pastor's twitter (the number 10 way that you know you go to a trendy mega-church, b-rob) and he had tweeted this:


@MikeatHope

Dear God, please remove this anger in my heart, so that I don't have to do any work in the process, or do any of that annoying "forgiving" junk that You are always talking about...

But then last night I pictured the Son of God kneeling on the dirt floor, washing the feet of the man who followed Him for years, who professed to be his friend, and who would turn Him in to the Jews to be killed. 


And I felt...ashamed.  It sucked.
 
I've been walking around, spitting fire at this person like it was my job, and Jesus was down there in the dirt, washing His enemy's feet. 
I'd like to say that I've totally let it go, but that would be lying to y'all. I know this though, I'm gonna be down on the ground with my Savior, washing those feet until I do.

p.s. i'm sorry about the formatting of this post. blogger likes to hate sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. man i wish my church was as trendy as yours. it's like i might as well be going to some podunk church in the sticks. OH WAIT, i have to watch my pastor on vidoe ;)

    i'm sorry you're going through stuff =( I need some humble pie, too. I need to go read john 13 i think...

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.