8.24.2011

i'm just a girl who needs a little sun, a little rain, an open field to play

 
  • It was in the 70's during the day and 50's at night, which made me really, really ready for fall.
  • After telling my dad "I'm gonna laugh when you fall out of your chair", I fell out of mine and landed on the arm I had fallen on earlier that day. Payback is a you-know-what.
  • We hiked 12 miles on Tuesday. Yeah, that's right, 12. One thing I learned is that after 8 miles or so, you go into a kind of trance (like the opposite of runner's high), where you don't care if you ever get out of the woods, you just keep plodding along hopelessly, wishing for something to eat that isn't a Nature's Valley bar.
  • There were over a hundred spots it the campground, not exaggerating, and the yuppie couple with two toddlers picked the site right next to us. At least the kids were cute. It sort of made up for the yelling of "DADDY! CAN WE HAVE JELLYBEANS?!?!?!" all evening.
  • Deer chili + bratwurst for dinner. Do I eat like a man or what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.