2.10.2012

cool coffee

When I was 12, Lacey and I started the tradition of going to stay with her cool older cousin, Sumer every... well... summer.

Those summer beach trips are some of my favorite memories in our friendship, and I'm so grateful to be adopted into their family. I've learned a lot from Sumer, like the proper way to tan (one with the sun!), and as I've gotten older, have picked up a lot of her domestic habits too. Here's one of my favorites:

Cool coffee:
How to:
brew a cup of your favorite coffee (I love Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut).  while it's still hot, add one tablespoon of sugar. stir.   note: even if you don't usually sweeten your coffee (i don't), cool coffee is better with a little suga.

cool in the fridge overnight, or, if you're impatient like me, stick in the freezer for 30 minutes.

add a splash of creamer and pour over ice.

Tada! I make it as a treat on those draggy afternoons before I go pick the kiddo's up from school.

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.