11.14.2011

disgusting

hurrr
Imagine that you are me.  You decide to be daring today and shave your legs (dream big!).  You slather some of that coconut oil that you wrote a post about loving on your legs. While pouring it, you notice some weird white streaks, but ignore them. Then, after you have covered both of your legs, you notice a strange smell. 

"Hmmmmm..... what is that smell?" you think.  You take a whiff of the usually delicious smelling oil and EW, it's the oil. Then, the words of your old "Nutrition of Domestic Animals" professor pop into your brain...

When the oil begins to oxidize, it will go rancid.

Horrified and covered in rancid oil, you start panicking and scrubbing at your legs for 20 straight minutes. 

So the moral of the story, friends, is that even little j sometimes must eat her words and take back all the nice things she said about coconut oil.

Additionally, we ate at a place that served all organic and locally produced food on Friday and I was sick later that night.

I'm noticing an unpleasant trend. While I had dreams and aspirations that this blog might one day chronicle my ever increasing efforts to be green (and pretentious), it seems that instead, I am recording all the times I tried to be environmentally conscious and decided I didn't want to do it anymore, like switching from "clean" conditioner back to Tresemme.

Hopefully, this doesn't become a pattern.

Over and out,
littlej

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.