11.06.2011

the one where we went to carowinds


Did you know that as soon once you graduate from college, you start aging exponentially?  You’re humming along, pulling all-nighters and eating pizza for breakfast, and then suddenly, you fall asleep in the recliner at 11pm and your back hurts when you sleep in someone else’s bed. Like going on vacation. Get your mind out of the gutter.

It’s not all hardship though.  There are things, like paychecks, that help make the aging process less horrible. 

Anywho, since I went and got old and moved back to my hometown, I’ve really been missing my friends from Raleighwood. So I was super stoked when Amanda asked me to go to Carowinds with her.  Carowinds is a super duper park of amusement with amazing rollercoasters and pretty much nothing else, for those of you who aren’t from NC.

Amanda’s message was basically this:

Dearest little j,
I really want to go to Carowinds.  I wanted to know if you aren’t one of those lame people who gets sick on rollercoasters and would go with me next weekend.  I really want to ride the coasters so I hope you aren’t lame.
Love, Amanda

Of course she didn’t say it that way, because Amanda is way nicer than I am, but that was the idea of the message.

I LOVE rollercoasters, so I excitedly said yes and spent the week telling everyone who would pretend to listen to me about how I WAS GOING TO CAROWINDS! YAY!

So Sunday arrives. It’s beautiful, chilly, and there is absolutely no one in the park! Perfect amusement park conditions (for those of you who don’t know)! We proceed to ride 10 (yes, 10!) rollercoasters in a row, after which I find out that I AM one of those lame people who gets sick on rollercoasters.

BUT, I’m super embarrassed because I accepted Amanda’s invitation under the pretense that I am super cool/ won’t lose my bagels on a rollercoaster.  So I continue riding rollercoasters without saying anything until, finally, even the little kid coasters (Scooby Doo, anyone?) make me think I’m going to DIE, so I have to ask Amanda to stop and eat lunch and SIT for a while.

Luckily for me, more people decided to rollercoaster with us during the afternoon, so the waiting in line gave me time to control my unruly stomach.  I just wanted to share this lame story with you so that you know what kind of ridiculous person I am, like the kind that will almost throw up on a kiddie coaster because they are too embarrassed to admit that rides make them nauseous.

You’re welcome.
P.S. We did this 5 times. In the front row. yeah, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.