11.03.2011

do you believe in "the one"?

  
Sheldon & Amy Farrah Fowler  here
When I was deciding what I was going to do this year, I prayed and prayed. I wrote angsty journal entries and discussed it with everyone I knew, yet I still didn't have a clear feeling about what God wanted me to do.

Then, while whining about it to my (very wise) friend Becca, she said,
maybe God is letting you choose.

whaaaat? that blew my mind. Why would God let me make such an important decision? Does he know me at all? Doesn't he know I'm not smart enough to do that?

That got me thinking...
Do you believe in "the one"? Do you think God made one person specially for you or that He just knows who you will end up with? If you don't believe in God, what would convince you to marry someone?

What about jobs? Is there a specific job you're supposed to end up in, or could I be happy and effective at several different jobs. 

These are some things that I'm thinking about right now.  I don't have any answers, but I'm curious about what you guys think! 

3 comments:

  1. I think he lets us choose then guides us along the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that God leads people in your life and lets you make the choice. There are people you meet that you know have been sent for a reason. It may not be on your schedule but God knows what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God already knows what choice you are going to make and will walk that path with you. As you are going down that path ,sometimes he makes you do a 180. It is an amazing ride.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.