9.25.2011

Are they or aren't they?

So I'm trying to write a post about how awesome fall retreat was this weekend, but blogger is giving me a headache, so it will have to wait.

In the meantime, I'll share with you one of the deep ponderings of my heart.

this is super serious.

Do you think Mumford & Sons are Christian?
"Can you lie next to her and give her your heart, your heart as well as your body
 and can you lie next to her and confess your love, your love as well as your folly
and can you kneel before the king and say 'I'm clean."

"Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life."

"I'll find strength in pain and I will change my ways; I'll know my name as it's called again."

"So tie me to a post and block my ears; I can see widows and orphans through my tears. I know my call despite my faults and despite my growing fears."

"Cause I need freedom now and I need to know how to live my life as it's meant to be."

"But plant your hope with good seeds, don't cover yourself with thistles and weeds. Rain down, rain down on me. Look over your hills and be still, the sky above us shoots to kill. Rain down, rain down on me.

"I begged you to hear me, there's more than flesh and bones."

"I will hold on, I will hold on hope."

What do you think? What about them dropping the f-bomb in "Little Lion Man" ??

1 comment:

  1. I think they are. His parents are the leaders of vineyard church in England and he went to a college(in the European sense) run by the church of England. I read that they wrote/did tht song when they were kind of having a rough patch but even then one song with a dirty word in it is still pretty good. No ones perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.