6.30.2011

Southern Comfort


Howdy!

Just finished spending 3 days with my bestie, LMS. We've known each other since 6th grade, but don't get to see each other nearly enough due to school/jobs/living in different cities.  Our reunions are always perfectly ridiculous, full of laughs, and including lots of food.

This time we made a delicious southern meal.  Pulled chicken barbeque, homemade mac&cheese, fresh corn on the cob from the farmer's market, and peach cobbler.  It was awesome. We ate so much we were sick.  And this is why we could never live together.


Then, last night, we went to see "Something Borrowed" at the $1.50. I don't think I've ever spent that little money on something and felt like I wasted it.  I was worried that it was going to be all mushy-gushy, which I hate, but I honestly think I would rather watch "The Notebook" 50 times in a row, than see that movie again.  By the time we left, we were both so agitated that we didn't speak the whole way home, except to sigh angrily and mutter "I don't even... a waste of a dollar...what the heck?!?!?"  

It's only redeeming features were the hotness of the cast and the awesome scene where Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin dance to "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa.  Perfect flashback moment for LMS and I, who used to break it down to "Thriller" back in the day. 



 I also bought this nail polish by essie in "master plan", which I think is just gray, but LMS assures me chic and trendy. 

So all in all, a great couple days. Sad to see her go, but definitely time to get back to work. :)     What have y'all been up to?  Plans for the 4th?

 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH i wonder if that movie will be any better in german.

    and also i am a huge fan of peach cobbler. send me some. Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can make bangin cobblers now. If our paths overlap before Sweden, I'll make ya one.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.