5.30.2012

i hate running

not really, but i'm feeling quite dramatic right now.

today i tried out my 4 mile run that jaws & i neglected during our vaca last weekend. it started out fantastically. the route was (relatively) flat, i had been hydrating all day, it was the perfect amount of time between meals that i felt energized but not full...it seemed that the stars had aligned.

then i hit some major hills, nearly got run over by a car, and then got lost!

by the time i realized that i had missed my turn, i was waaaay out of the way and ended up adding an extra 2 mile loop to the run.  needless to say that i walked it.

so, i'm feeling discouraged. i thought i was gonna have a great 4 mile run to brag about, but instead i got sore legs and major thirstyness.

if this is how dramatic i feel after 4 miles (or 6), i'm gonna be a MAJOR diva after 13.1

sigh.

update: to the person who got to my blog by googling the phrase "do real runners laugh at 13.1 stickers?":
i would say no, no they don't.

3 comments:

  1. Haha I love the writing turns on your arm thing. Whenever I tried a new run I wrote turns on paper and carried a small map in the little key pocket in most running shorts.

    P.S. You're a beast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! are you still running in the icy tundra?

      Delete
  2. I read "vaca" at the beginning of the post and became confused because I knew you were talking about our awesome beach trip last weekend, but my brain kept wanting to go into spanish-translation-mode and assume that you were telling a story about a cow. I'm so proud of you, my diva! :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.