7.13.2011

if you read these last two posts back to back, you may think i'm bipolar

via sayingimages
today i'm feeling a little melodramatic.

i just spent 2 days at the beach with the fam, where i ate lots of food that i normally try to avoid (because i want to live past 30) and hardly thought about support at all.

then this morning i got home, all ready to write a cute little post to you guys, and my #$%^ computer wouldn't turn on.  20 minutes and 10 reboots later, i get the old dinosaur running and i realize i left my camera in my sister's purse.   then the thing decides to disconnect from the internet and won't let me back on.  then it shuts down and closes the page where i'm booking my flight to the STINT briefing.

i proceed to burst into tears and yell at my computer. at this point, my roommate comes home, sees me crying at my computer, decides im crazy alright she already knew that, and goes on to watch women's soccer. 

isn't my life hard?


in other awkward moments, i had a run in with a really creepy old man at starbucks the other week. for the sake of convenience, we'll call him "silver fox".

i was meeting someone i've never met at starbucks for a support appointment. here's how it went down.

**old man making eye contact with me**
me: are you richard?
silver fox:  i can be...
me: oh, nevermind.  i'm meeting someone for work.
silver fox: i can be richard from work.
me: **laughs nervously**
silver fox: where do you work?
me: campus crusade for christ
silver fox: oh....  **gets up and leaves**

one day i will write a post about the awkward responses you get from people when you tell them you are in full time ministry/mention you are a christian. if you have a story like that, leave it in the comments, por favor. it will make this stupid day much better. 

hugs and kisses and other gushy stuff, 
little j

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha what an incredibly awkward situation. so perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.