7.04.2011

Goooooaaaaaal ! !

Sunday night I went to my first soccer game ever. 

High school services were cancelled Sunday night, so Lauren (a fellow student ministry leader), her sister Jill, and I ventured into the world of professional soccer.  Excuse me, football.

All it all, it was a pretty good experience.  Cute boys in athletic gear, fan food, and fireworks all add up to a good night in little j's world.

Jill, me, and Lauren sitting in 95 degree heat   


I'm glad I didn't try to dress in Railhawk colors.  Orange shirt+ sunburn= not flattering
The sun setting over the stadium.  A very welcome relief from the heat.

The best part of sporting events.  I should have written these off as a work expense.  Watching soccer is an important part of integrating into European culture, right? ...right?
In the words of Jill, "These Canadian guys are wimps."  True story, someone got injured every 5 minutes.
I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks, because we watched them in the parking lot.  It's probs good for you guys though, because my "firework" pictures always end up being of a smoky sky, 5 seconds after the fireworks have died.

All in all, it's been a great Independence Day weekend. If all goes according to plan, this time next year I will be Sveeeed, getting ready to come home.  weird.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics Jeeg! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous05 July, 2011

    Kim K is making lemonade from her assets. Maybe embracing the lemons are the way to go. Your cup runneth over!

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.