7.29.2011

Goodbye, Joe.



I've lost the will to live given up drinking coffee.

After a unfortunate incident in which an evening cup of java translated into me cleaning my entire apartment at 3 am, I have decided to part ways with the beverage that got me through college.

It's been tough, guys.  I sleep 10 hours a night, drag myself out of bed to eat breakfast, then fall asleep on the couch again. Even Lindsey Lohan looks like a healthy, well-rounded individual compared to me.

I'll miss you, dearest coffee. We spent so many early morning labs and late night study sessions together.  You were a big factor in my academic success and an encouragement in my ability to tolerate other human beings in the early hours of the morning.

Unfortunately, you make me anxious. What used to be a healthy relationship now makes my stomach hurt, my heart race, and keeps me up at night.  It's not you, it's me. We had a good run; Four years is longer than some people have in a lifetime.

If you come looking for me, I'll be standing in the coffee aisle at the grocery store, smelling the different kinds of beans.

-little j

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous29 July, 2011

    This isn't going to last in Sweden, just telling ya.

    -Your favorite reader

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.