12.16.2011

yeast rolls!




Got this recipe from food.com

Zutaten:
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup of butter, softened
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
3 3/4 cup ALL PURPOSE flour    (NOT self-rising or bread flour)
1 package of dry yeast
1/4 cup of butter

Anleitung: 
1. Mix all ingredients together except the 1/4 cup of butter. Move dough to flour covered counter/large cutting board and knead till smooth.
2. Shape dough into 25ish balls and place into greased pans. I used two pie pans. Brush the tops with the melted 1/4 cup of butter.
3. Cover and let rise until twice normal size.  The recipe said an hour, but my rolls turned out a little heavy. I would suggest several hour in a warm place.
4. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
5. Enjoy!

Mad props to Lacey, who took the pictures and kept me entertained while I made these.

1 comment:

leave a message after the beeeep.