5.29.2011

F.E.A.R.

hahahaha

not the video game, noobs!

I'm taking about honest-to-goodness fears. not superficial ones, like snakes or frogs (seriously, frogs are the most disgusting creatures on the planet),  I'm talking about our deepest, darkest fears. The ones that we may not even know we have, but cause all kinds of unhealthy behavior in our lives; the ones the enemy uses to manipulate us and pull us away from God. 

Recently, I've been dealing with some fears in my life.  One, in particular, that I didn't even realize I had, that caused me to stay in an unhealthy situation looooong after the Holy Spirit was convicting me to get out.  A fear that was screaming at me so loud that it drowned out the voice of my Father, who was trying to help me.  Only later, away from the bad situation, lounging on a pool chair in Aruba, did I realize the deeper cause my behavior, my unanswered prayers, and months of stress. 

There is also a lot of fear in support raising. I want to believe and most of the time I really do that God will provide the money for me to go to Sweden.  I truly believe that this is the country He has called me to;  He's given me a heart for these people that I've never even met.  So I know that He will provide a way for me to get there; however, sometimes that stinky human side of me wants to think:

what if He doesnt?
  what if you fail?
     nobody wants to support you
In those times I have to remember God's promises, even when I'm not feeling them:

And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us.
Romans 8:37

And we know that that all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 


Check out this video on God and fear

love y'all mucho, mucho

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.