5.21.2011

Thoughts from a very tired missionary

Hello darling readers,
My first week of summer is officially over, and I feel so...stressed. wait, what? I just graduated from college, so shouldn't I be laying at the pool reading books about hunky vampires and sleeping till noon? I wish.  This week has been crazy busy with Crusade stuff. 

I know you must think I'm crazy. Surely working for a Christian missions organization means long prayer sessions, baking cookies in the shape of crosses, and discussing Jesus over coffee? I know I've been guilty of thinking this about the staff at my church.  That was until Crusade started mailing me books to read, online modules to complete, and, of course, support to raise.

As crazy as this week has been with MPD (ministry partner development) meetings, skills training, and a little craziness in my personal life, I have never felt or seen God more in my life. Mostly when I talk to other people who have raised support before, their advice is "It's gonna suck, but your faith will grow.", but honestly, this week has been abso-freakin-lutely amazingly full of "God moments".  I have never felt so much like God was taking care of me. I've gotten to view the generosity of friends and virtual strangers, spend quality time with my discipler, and see my Father show up in big ways.

Seriously guys, I got so overwhelmed by his awesomeness, that I started crying in the car, and I am NOT a crier.  I'm also not a great driver, so crying in the car probably wasn't the best idea.

So, please be praying for me sweet readers, cause Lord knows, I've got even more to do in the future.  But I know God's got the details.

 Yates Mill Pond- where I spent Easter with my mom and sister

Getting my Jesus on yesterday afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beeeep.