1.15.2012

re-labelable mason jars

 Is re-labelable a word? Probs not, but you understand the point I was trying to make.  I made these chalkboard mason jars for a couple people for Christmas gifts, and have been thinking about making a couple for myself... I got the idea from A Beautiful Mess, where I've been getting most of my creative ideas these days. :)
How to after the jump!


Here's what you need:
chalkboard paper (get it at Michael's or AC Moore)
mason jars, preferably wide mouth as they are easier to use
pretty ribbon
liquid glue that dries clear
chalk

Here's what you do:
Measure the ribbon so it fits around the top of the glass, with enough to spare for a bow. After cutting the appropriate amount of ribbons, dip the edges of the ribbons in clear drying glue, and lay out to dry.
Cut the chalkboard paper into the desired size/shape for you labels. Just peel the back off and stick onto the jar.
Tie the ribbons around the top of the jar and tie with a bow. I used scotch tape to hold the ribbon in place during this process.  Then put a little glue on your finger tip and wet the ribbon all the way around the top. When this dries, it will keep the ribbon from moving around/ getting ruined.
Tada! You can use your jars for anything. My original thought was to use them as party glasses or for storing cooking supplies (coffee, sugar, ect), but Laceface used hers for storing bathroom supplies like cotton balls and q-tips, which was super fetch.

(I'm bringing fetch back.)



1 comment:

  1. such trendy pics. I like them a lot though jeej :) not a crapsors craft like I thought they might be.

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beeeep.